WELCOME TO THE BROADMINDED BLOG!
------------------------------------------------------

The Broads - Christine and Molly - invite you into their ever-evolving world of insecurities, likes, dislikes, and infatuations, all while bringing the latest in pop culture. From psychics and dream analysts, to health and wellness, to crime news, gossip, music, movies, and television, BROADMINDED has a little something for everyone. They're loud, honest, and rarely polite...admit it, you can relate!

Here on the Broadminded Blog, you can leave your comments about the show, dish about the Broads, or just interact with other Broadminded fans. We can't wait to hear from you! Just click the comments link below.


Monday, August 31, 2009

Important Information!!! Sheryl Crow on the Ellen show talks about what caused her breast cancer!

On the Ellen show, Sheryl Crow said that this is what caused her breast cancer. It has been identified as the most common cause of the high levels of dioxin in breast cancer tissue.

Sheryl Crow's oncologist told her: women should not drink bottled water that has been left in a car.

The heat reacts with the chemicals in the plastic of the bottle which releases dioxin into the water. Dioxin is a toxin increasingly found in breast cancer tissue. So please be careful and do not drink bottled water that has been left in a car.
Pass this on to all the women in your life. This information is the kind we need to know that just might save us! Use a stainless steel canteen or a glass bottle instead of plastic!

LET EVERYONE WHO HAS A WIFE / GIRLFRIEND / DAUGHTER KNOW PLEASE!

This information is also being circulated at Walter Reed Army Medical Center .
No plastic containers in microwave. No water bottles in freezer. No plastic wrap in microwave.

A dioxin chemical causes cancer, especially breast cancer.. Dioxins are highly poisonous to the cells of our bodies. Don't freeze your plastic bottles with water in them as this releases dioxins from the plastic. Recently, Edward Fujimoto, Wellness Program Manager at Castle Hospital , was on a TV program to explain this health hazard.

He talked about dioxins and how bad they are for us. He said that we should not be heating our food in the microwave using plastic containers...
This especially applies to foods that contain fat..

He said that the combination of fat, high heat and plastic releases dioxin into the body..

Instead, he recommends using glass, such as Corning Ware, Pyrex or ceramic containers for heating food. You get the sa me results, only without the dioxin. So, such things as TV dinners, instant soups, etc., should be removed from the container and heated in something else.

Paper isn't bad but you don't know what is in the paper. It's just safer to use tempered glass, Corning Ware, etc.

He reminded us that a while ago some of the fast food restaurants moved away from the foam containers to paper. The dioxin problem is one of the reasons....

Also, he pointed out that plastic wrap, such as Saran wrap, is just as dangerous when placed over foods to be cooked in the microwave. As the food is nuked, the high heat causes poisonous toxins to actually melt out of the plastic wrap and drip into the food. Cover food with a paper towel instead.

4 comments:

Tegan said...

According to Snopes (urban legend fact-checker) and the WebMD site, this is not true. That said, I still prefer heating my food in pyrex, especially the old patterns, as they are much cuter!

Christine From Broadminded said...

Thank you for searching and good point! Even if it didn't happen to Sheryl Crow it is a good idea not to drink out of bottles left in the sun.

Anonymous said...

Hello!!! It's false information. Plain and simple. Don't try to weasle out of it by reasserting something that's false. You're dissemintating JUNK. Take it down or put a retraction at the TOP in BOLD! Sheesh.

And do -some- amount of research next time instead of just posting stuff that you got from a friend who didn't do -any- research either.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sheryl, remember when you were 'grunge' and you used to do meth regularly? I'm sure that was more harmful to your body than drinking from waterbottles! Talk about throwing your body's PH and toxicity levels out of wack!